Wayne Community Schools are in year three of the NCA-CASI school improvement cycle. The district began the school improvement process by:
Learning for Life
- Reviewing their mission and beliefs
- Compiling a district profile
- Conducting data retreats to analyze information
- Identifying a school improvement goal (the improvement of reading comprehension)
- Beginning the use of learning communities to research and identify possible interventions
Staff is currently working on writing and implementing school improvement actions plans. Wayne Community Schools have developed a district-wide effort to focus on student learning and is committed to developing excellence in their staff and their students.